Sunday, 13 March 2016

Hiding from the demons inside my head

I haven't written on this blog for several weeks now. This is mainly due to not having the energy to take the time to write down my feelings and partly because after spending every day at the unit I no longer want to speak about my feelings.

I hit a breaking point this week, the guilt, exhaustion and unbearable thoughts took over. I cried, I wanted to restrict and I wanted to give up. I am still here trying to push through, but I am not sure why anymore. My medical team have said I can start practising yoga, which has been helping with my state of mind, but I need to be careful as my relationship with exercise is not a healthy one.

I am not sure what else to say...

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you've been struggling, but it's good to see you're still able to write down your thoughts and emotions.
    I know how you feel about reintroducing exercise. I want to start weight training again but I know there's a danger of it becoming an obsession...

    I've been doing yoga for the past couple of months, though, and it has helped me with anxiety, and it feels like you're doing something beneficial without burning up energy!

    Stay strong, you'll get through this. :-)

    Dan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dan,

      Thank you so much for your support, it means so much :)

      It is so difficult isn't it? I have recently started doing yoga and have found it is really relaxing and soothing. I didn't think I would enjoy it so much, I am being very careful to no let it become obsessional which is always a risk for me, but I am managing to catch it out quite quickly.

      I hope you are okay and you are right, we can both get through this :) xx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete