Wednesday, 30 December 2015

Leaving 2015 behind

Now...I wrote a whole blog post which was ready to go up, I was just adding some pictures and then I thought I had saved the post, but it clearly I hadn't! So being new to this whole blogging malarkey, I accidentally said yes when Internet Explorer asked me if I wanted to leave the page. Yes it will be fine, I saved the blog post, but *spoiler alert* the blog post did not save gasp from the audience. I know tragic isn't it!

So instead of trying to recreate the blog post again, I am just going to write as it comes. I sometimes think trying to recreate it in these situations just causes more frustration. In some cases, such as when it happens at work, this is not possible, but since this is a blog post and not a working document I am just going to roll with it.
Now, I am not one for New Year's mainly because of the hype and immense pressure surrounding it about having the "perfect night" which usually ends up being a bit of a let down, well in my experience anyways! I tend to enjoy the more quiet New Year's eve spent with friends, family and the boyfriend. What I do enjoy is people's reflection on the year, what went well, what they would have liked to have done differently and their hopes for the next year. This is usually a tangled conversations of New Year's resolutions, of course there is the obvious ones, to lose weight, exercise more, be more productive. Haven't we heard them all before? Haven't we made those promises to ourselves all before! It is usually an epic fail, well in one case my 2012 New Year's resolution was to lose weight and on the 2nd January 2013 I was told my weight was too low to be managed in the community and I would need to be admitted as an inpatient for anorexia, surely that counts right? No, no? I guess it was pushing it hehe (NB. I know inpatient treatment and anorexia are both very serious issues, I am not devaluing them in any way, but I just find humour helps me cope!).
So I digress, the last couple of years I haven't made many resolutions, obviously in January 2013 it was to recover from my eating disorder, but generally I am not one for New Year's resolutions anymore. After reading Lord Still Loves Me blog post and watching the BBC News this morning, has inspired me to reflect on my 2015 and to think about the year ahead.
In some ways I have had a lovely year, in my last blog post (you know the one I lost ahem) I wrote about all the amazing things that had happened and it really made me appreciate some of the positive good times.
My sister and I went to Venice...finally! This is a trip which has been in the pipeline for a long time, we have been wanting to go for such a long time and we finally did it. It was an amazing couple of days, we sampled the local delicacy (ice cream) and did all the tourist activities such as taking a gondola ride, I know we are super cool!










My boyfriend R and I celebrated at our first anniversary together, which was lovely. We also went on holiday to Thailand in November, which was an epic experience!





I achieved my greatest work accomplishment and as a result of my new found confidence, I changed job roles at work and essentially managed to seek and get a promotion! Which has been stressful and rewarding all at the same time, but I wouldn't change it for the world.
My best friend had a gorgeous baby girl a few days before Christmas and I cannot wait to meet and spoil her loads!
These are just some of the highlights, but yes there has definitely been some good times. Of course my relapse into anorexia has been difficult and can often taint many of the happy memories, to be honest most times it made situations to be harder and more anxiety provoking. It hasn't all been sunshine and ice creams (although that was fun too!).
So what am I hoping for the New Year? Recovery. When? I am not sure, but I am hopeful. It may be stupid blind hope, but it is hope and I am clinging onto it.
So my questions for you today are:
  • What are your thoughts on New Year's?
  • Do you make New Year's resolutions?
  • What are your New Year's resolutions for 2016?
  • Do you have any plans for New Year's eve?





No comments:

Post a Comment